The I2C-ACC board is an I2C +/-2.0g Dual Axis Accelerometer module. There are no external components required. Only two signal lines SDA and SCL plus supply voltage and ground are required to be connected. This makes it perfect for embedded systems that require more input/output ports.
This board features innovations that set it apart from other ACC module. Innovations feature like on-board voltage-level translator, pull-up resistors and power LED. The on-board voltage-level translator is eliminated the need for external components since the sensor is 3.3V device. The module can be quickly connected directly on to the breadboard. The board is small and compact in size 0.70 x 0.70 inches.
The I2C-ACC is designed base on MXC6202xJ IC. It is a complete sensing system with on-chip mixed signal processing and integrated I2C bus, allowing the device to be connected directly to a microprocessor eliminating the need for A/D converters or timing resources.
It can measure both dynamic acceleration (e.g. vibration) and static acceleration (e.g. gravity). Its design is based on heat convection and requires no solid proof mass.
• Stand alone module, no external components required
• On-board voltage-level translator, pull-up resistors and power LED
• Design easy for breadboard
• High quality double sided PCB
• Small and compact in size 0.70 x 0.70 inches
• Dual row 0.6” width, 0.1” pitch header pins
• Suitable for 3.3V or 5.0V microcontroller
• Full-scale range of +/-2g and sensitivity of 400counts/g
• I2C slave, FAST (≤400 kHz) mode
• Power up/down function through I2C
• On-chip temperature sensor available
• >50,000g shock survival rating
For more information please see:
I2C-ACC User Manual
Basic Stamp BS2P example code: